Wednesday 28 March 2012

Achieving Something Wonderful

My acquaintance with Ujjain goes back to my childhood. Through poems and other writings, I became fascinated by this legendary city. In my mind's eye I visualised the majestic Mahakal temple. I was enchanted by the wisdom and valor of king Vikramaditya and the nine jewel-like personalities (navratna) in his court. However, even in my remotest dream, I never thought of ever settling down in this city. It all happened all of a sudden in 2004.






My secretary, Sudipto, forwarded some correspondence from the Madhya Pradesh government inviting us to set up our spiritual activities there. They were so interested that the Chief Secretary of the state, Mr. Bijam Saha, even met Sudipto and discussed about this possibility at great length. He expressed his willingness to give us 300 acres of land to start our project there. I was in America at the time and informed my secretary that I would positively consider this invitation and visit M.P. upon my return to India.It all happened all of a sudden in 2004. My secretary, Sudipto, forwarded some correspondence from the Madhya Pradesh government inviting us to set up our spiritual activities there. They were so interested that the Chief Secretary of the state, Mr. Bijam Saha, even met Sudipto and discussed about this possibility at great length. He expressed his willingness to give us 300 acres of land to start our project there. I was in America at the time and informed my secretary that I would positively consider this invitation and visit M.P. upon my return to India. In July 2004, I came to M.P. as the guest of chief minister to see various lands on which to set up our centre. At that time I was considering some spots on the bank of river Narmada. However Sushri Uma Bharti, the chief minister
herself, suggested that we consider Ujjain as our base. The next day we came to Ujjain along with Mr.Saha. I became fascinated by this place at first sight. On 7 th
November 2004, we started our activities in Ujjain by renting the community centre in Mahananda Nagar and establishing our temporary temple there. Since we rented that place only for one year, we decided that we would built a temple within a year's time. We selected a piece of land in Bharatpuri and started the preparation for construction. The architects, Mehta And Associates from Indore, got involved in creating the design. We worked together quite intensely and within fifteen days the design was completed. We selected the most eminent local contractor, Mr. Om Prakash Khatri, to build the concrete structure. The marble was taken up by the King of Makrana Mr. C.V. Singh and by Krsna's mercy within ten months temple wass complete. Never in the past had a marble temple of this dimension been built in such a short time. I personally feel that it was only by Krsna's mercy that such a feat
could have been achieved. We came to Ujjain not only to build a temple. We want to establish many more projects here. We will soon start distributing Mid- Day meals to 20,000 school children in and around Ujjain for that we are going to set up a large kitchen with high- tech equipment, such as chapatti making machines, to provide food
for thousands. We are also setting up a film studio to shoot various spiritual movies. We are going to start shooting a movie on life of Sripada Sankaracharya, which will be
first of a series of movies on the lives of great saints of India. We are also going
to set up an IT park. The construction of that will start very soon. This is just the beginning. We came here to achieve something so wonderful that the world will watch in wonder and recognise the greatness of India. We therefore invite all to come and join us to achieve this glorious mission

No comments:

Post a Comment